Identify osmosis problems before blisters appear
Identify wet cores in sandwich or cored structures
Monitor hulls for drying before repairs and osmosis treatments
The Tramex SMM5 Skipper 5 Marine Moisture Meter for Boats is an instant, precise, dual-depth, analog, non-destructive Marine moisture meter which detects excess moisture hidden in GRP boat hulls, decks and coach roofs including sandwich or cored structures. The unique three-electrode array provides both shallow (10 mm / ") and deep (30 mm / 1") perceptivity to help establish the depth of any moisture within GRP composites. In addition to the classic moving-coil display, readings may also be sent to the free Tramex App on paired Android and iOS devices.
- 3 Ranges of Non-destructive sensitivity: Hard Wood / Shallow Depth / G.R.P
- Dual-Depth penetration allows for comparative of surface and core moisture to help establish the depth of any moisture within GRP composites
- Deep signal penetration, up to 1 14" (30mm) in wood and G.R.P, detects elevated moisture at depth without having to damage the materials being tested.
- Shallow Depth scale is designed to have a field penetration of up to 0.4 inches (10mm)
- Shallow-depth scale is comparable to pin readings, reading in a smaller, more precise footprint.
- Wide range of readings from 5% to 30% on Wood Scale and 0 to 100 on comparative scale for G.R.P.
- Detects excess moisture hidden in GRP boat hulls, decks and coach roofs including sandwich or cored structures.
- Bluetooth connection to accompanying IOS & Android App allowing for Geo-tagged supportive image-based documentary evidence of moisture measurements and readings.
- Hold Function which enables the user to freeze the reading, useful when taking readings where the meter face may not be visible.
- High Moisture Audio Warning Tone which can be enabled or disabled.
- Large clear easy to read analog display giving meaningful readings.
- Rugged ergonomically designed enclosure.
|6.3" x 3.5" x 1.5" (160mm x 85mm x 38mm)
|2 x AALR6 ALKALINE (included)
|up to 0.40" (10mm)
|up to 1.25" (30mm)
|Wood Moisture Content
|5 to 30%
|Reference scale for building materials
|0 to 100
Moisture Mapping & Data Documentation
Concrete moisture test results can be visualized with theTramex Meters Appand turned into moisture maps, reports and charts for sharing. Bluetooth connectivity to mobile devices also helps to GeoTag test results, create, save and share photos.Produc Desing
GRP composites and hardwoods are non-conducting materials, nevertheless their electrical properties change with increasing moisture content. The Skipper 5 determines moisture content by applying a high-audio frequency signal between a pair of soft rubber electrodes on the instrument base. A third electrode provides genuine shallow range measurements on a smaller footprint. Capacitive coupling between the electrodes and the sample allows impedance to be determined. This is interpreted as a moisture value and displayed on a large, clear moving coil meter. Additionally, meter readings may be sent instantly to a Tramex App on Android and iOS mobile devices by Bluetooth.
- Identify osmosis problems before blisters appear.
- Identify wet cores in sandwich or cored structures.
- Monitor hulls for drying before repairs and osmosis treatments.
- Check timber for excess moisture before painting, sheathing or varnishing.
Effective osmosis treatment requires the complete removal of the hygroscopic solutes that are responsible for absorbing and retaining moisture and forming osmotic cells in GRP composites. Featuring both deep and shallow modes the Skipper 5 is the ideal instrument for locating moisture associated with these solutes to help ensure successful treatment. Marine timbers also suffer from excessive moisture which causes blistering and loss of paints and varnishes. Trapped moisture encourages fungal growth and black fungal staining. The Skipper 5 enables quick surveying over moisture over large areas, will read through paints, varnishes and sheathing such as Cascover without causing damage and may be used to find and trace leaks above and below decks.
Tramex Extension Handle for ME5, CME5 and CMEX5
- The Extension Handle can be used with theME5,CME5 and CMEX5Moisture Meters. It is a useful accessoryformeasuring in out of reach, high places. It can also be used for taking readings on the floor and thus reduces the need for crouching or kneeling.
- Order Code:E5-HBS