Tramex CMEX5 Concrete Moisture Encounter X5
Price: $ 875.00
4 Modes of Measurement
8 Simple Membrane Keypad Controls
The Tramex CMEX5 Concrete Moisture Encounter X5 is a non-destructive digital multi moisture meter forconcrete floors and slabs providing instant and precise quantitative measurement of moisture contentusing Gravimetric testing as a baseline. The Tramex CMEX5 Concrete Moisture Encounter X5 also provides Carbide Method equivalent readingsfor concrete and other cementitious substrates as well as comparative readings as per ASTM F2659.Incorporating plug-in ports for the optional Hygro-i2 relative humidity probe testing per ASTM F2170and heavy-duty pin-type wood probes, this moisture meter transforms into the ideal all-in-one instrument for the flooring professional.
The CMEX5 concrete moisture meter determines instant and precise quantitative measurement of moisture content using Gravimetric testing as a baseline. This concrete moisture meter tests the concrete to a depth of approximately 20mm (34") into the slab. The CMEX5 also provides quantitative Carbide Method equivalent readings for Concrete and Anhydrite/Gypsum substrates and screeds. In addition, the CMEX5 has two reference scales for comparative readings making this moisture meter suitable to perform a concrete moisture test as per ASTM F2659.
This top quality concrete moisture meter with its Hygrometer and optional external pin and RH probe functionalities, is the ultimate tool for testing of concrete and flooring for professionals in the concrete coatings, wood flooring or water damage restoration industry to help prevent moisture problems on concrete floors.
The use of the CMEX5 can be extended with the optional Concrete Moisture Probe which measures in-situ quantitative moisture content within the concrete to an extendable depth of up to 4" (100mm).
The Tramex CMEX5 Concrete Moisture Encounter X5 includes everything needed for testing:
- 4 modes of measurement: Non-destructive moisture measurement, ambient hygrometer and optional external in-situ hygrometer and wood pin probe.
- 8 simple membrane keypad controls.
- Moisture readings and scale are displayed on a large, clear easy-to-read clear digital display: 2.3" x 1.4" (58mm x 35mm).
- The built-in Hygrometer probe provides Relative Humidity (RH) readings, temperature, dew point temperature and Humidity Ratio.
- Wood pin probe mode is automatically selected when the probe is plugged into the Concrete Moisture Encounter X5.
- When the external Relative Humidity (RH) Hygro-i2 probe is connected to the Concrete Moisture Encounter X5, the instrument automatically switches to RH mode. Ambient or In-Situ Relative Humidity readings, probe temperature, dew point temperature and Humidity Ratio are automatically displayed (Hygrometer Mode).
- When the battery requires replacement a LOW BATTERY icon is shown on the display.
|Moisture content for Concrete||0 6.9 %|
|Comparative for Gypsum floor screed||0 12|
|CM Equiv Anhydrite/Concrete||02.7 / 0 4.3|
|Reference scale||0 100|
|Relative Humidity||0 99%(with optional Hygro-i2 probe)|
|Humidity accuracy||0% 99%RH +/- 2% @ 25C / 77F|
|Moisture content for wood||5 30 %(with optional wood pin probes)|
|Power||2 x AALR6 ALKALINE (included)|
|Depth of penetration in concrete||approx. " (20mm)|
The Determinator is also available as part of the following kits:
- TheTramex CDK Concrete Determinator Moisture Probe, which includes the CMEX5 Concrete Moisture Meter for non-destructive quantitative testing of concrete and comparative testing per ASTM F2659.
- The Tramex CDTK Concrete Determinator Tech Kit is the complete kit for instant and precise testing of both Surface and In-Body Concrete Moisture Content in oors and slabs using a unied gravimetric-based testing method. It includes the CMEX5 digital concrete moisture meter, the reusable Concrete Moisture Probe, a reusable plug-in Hygro-i2 RH probe for in-situ testing of concrete as per ASTM F2170, an infrared surface thermometer for surface temperature and dew point conditions when used in conjunction with the CMEX5 hygrometer and the CMEX5 extension handle.
Moisture Mapping & Data Documentation
Concrete moisture test results can be visualized with the Tramex Meters App and turned into moisture maps, reports and charts for sharing. Bluetooth connectivity to mobile devices also helps to GeoTag test results, create, save and share photos.
- Non-destructive test (NDT) mode: The Tramex Concrete Moisture Encounter X5 is a non-destructive digital multi moisture meter for concrete floors and slabs providing instant and precise quantitative measurement of moisture content using Gravimetric testing as a baseline. The CMEX5 also provides Carbide Method equivalent readings for concrete and anhydrite/gypsum substrates and screeds, as well as comparative readings as per ASTM F2659.
- Hygrometer mode:The Tramex Concrete Moisture Encounter X5's built-in Ambient Relative Humidity Sensor measures Ambient Relative Humidity, Temperature, Dew Point, and Humidity Ratio (or Mixing Ratio) of the environment.
- Equilibrium Relative Humidity mode (optional plug-in probe): Using the optional plug-in Hygro-i2 RH probes, the CMEX5 concrete moisture meter will measure Equilibrium Relative Humidity, Temperature, Dew Point and Humidity Ratio in structural materials. A structural material such as a concrete slab can be tested using the in-situ method or RH Hood methods (International Standards: ASTM F2170 & BS 8201, 8203, 5325). Relative Humidity Probes can also be used for ambient RH measurements within air spaces.
- PIN Meter mode (optional plug-in probe): The Tramex CMEX5 concrete moisture meter becomes a resistance type meter and measures the percentage moisture content (%MC) of wood when used with the optional plug-in PIN meter. International wood standards or pre-programmed wood species can be selected. PIN meter mode can also be used for Drywall and WME (Wood Moisture Equivalent) readings for other building materials.
Concrete Moisture Meter Design
Tramex Concrete Moisture Encounter X5 detects and evaluates the moisture conditions within the slab or screed by non-destructively measuring the electrical impedance. A low frequency electronic signal is transmitted into the material under test via the electrodes in the base of the instrument. The strength of this signal varies in proportion to the amount of moisture present in the material. The Concrete Moisture Encounter X5 determines the strength of the current and converts this to a moisture content value for concrete slabs and a comparative value for other cementitious floor screeds, displayed on a large clear digital dial.
Tramex Extension Handle for ME5, CME5 and CMEX5
- The Extension Handle can be used with theME5,CME5 and CMEX5Moisture Meters. It is a useful accessoryformeasuring in out of reach, high places. It can also be used for taking readings on the floor and thus reduces the need for crouching or kneeling.
- Order Code:E5-HBS